Sunday, September 28, 2014

OOW14 Session: Cache Buffer Chains Latches Demystified

Thank you all those who came to attend my session "Demystifying Cache Buffer Chains Latches" at Oracle Open World 2014. Much appreciated. I hope you got something out your time investment.

I have also written a paper to accompany this session. The paper explains the concepts I presented in greater detail. You can download a zip file containing the slide deck, the paper and the scripts here. Please note: this is a zip file.

And, yes, here is the blog entry that talka about why you need 7X memory to completely fit your database in buffer cache http://arup.blogspot.com/2011/04/can-i-fit-80mb-database-completely-in.html

As always, I would love to hear about your thoughts on the presentation.

One down at #oow14; five more to go :)

No comments:

Translate